EDF Renewables Mexico is proposing the 300 MW Gunaa Sicarú wind project located in the Municipalities of Unión Hidalgo and Juchitán de Zaragoza (Municipal Agency of La Ventosa), in the region of the Isthmus of Tehuantepec, one of the world's windiest regions.

The project, located on approximately 4,700 hectares of private land, will only occupy less than 3% of the area, leaving the remaining 97% available for traditional agriculture and grazing activities carried out by the landowners and communities in general.

In compliance with applicable Mexican law, the project went through an environmental and social assessment.

The acceptability of the project is currently evaluated through an indigenous consultation process with the local communities being carried out by the Federal Government’s Ministry of Energy (SENER) in accordance with international standards and the guidelines of Mexico’s Constitution.

It is on the basis of the outcome of this consultation phase, which will be followed by a deliberation of the indigenous communities by the Mexican authorities, that it will be decided whether or not to go ahead with the project. The contracts, permits and authorizations linked to the project will be subject to the agreement of the local communities on the terms obtained through this consultation process.

Permits and agreements required by federal and local agencies for the project, including SENER, the Comision Reguladora de Energia (CRE), the Ministry of Environment and Natural Resources (SEMARNAT) and CFE are subject to the outcome of the Indigenous Consultation.

84% of the energy and clean energy certificates (CEL) generated by the project will be delivered to CFE Suministrador de Servicios Basicos through a 15/20-year Power Purchase Agreement.