Gunaa Sicarú Wind Project

A proposed 300 megawatt (MW) wind power plant, developed by EDF Renewables Mexico, and located in the Municipalities of Unión Hidalgo and Juchitán de Zaragoza

EDF Renewables Mexico is proposing a 300 megawatt (MW) wind power plant, located in the Municipalities of Unión Hidalgo and Juchitán de Zaragoza (Municipal Agency of La Ventosa), in the region of the Isthmus of Tehuantepec - one of the world's windiest regions.

Clean energy for approximately 473,000 inhabitants; avoiding the emission of 524,000 tons of CO2 per year, which is the equivalent to taking over 105,000 cars off the road.
Less than 3% of the leased land will be used to produce energy, leaving 97% to continue traditional activities of grazing and ranching.
The communities around the project will receive economic benefits in the form of federal taxes, local fees in support of public funds and lease payments to landowners.
Start of Development
A dozen of informational meetings organized by EDF Renewables Mexico's teams with the local communities and stakeholders
Awarded 252 MW Power Purchase Agreement
Various studies performed: Environmental, Social Impact, Wind Resource, Archaeological
Launch of local consultation process led by SENER (Ministry of Energy). In accordance with the law measures for the local consultation process, suspension of the EDF Renewables' information system for the project
Local consultation process suspended by the local authorities due to pandemic
Awaiting last round of local consultations process

Connect with Us

Contact Form